Emiliano Zapata, general en jefe del Ejército Libertador del Sur, y Francisco Villa, general en jefe de la División del Norte, encabezan la entrada de las tropas del gobierno de la Soberana Convención Revolucionaria a la ciudad de México, el 6 de diciembre de 1914.
Archivo Fotográfico Manuel Ramos
The kid in the blue grew up to become iconic femme queen face iconic femme queen performer and Legendary Mother of the house of Laperla, Alyssa Laperla
Dude, I’ve been wondering what happened with that kid since I first saw that scene.
ugh, that makes me so happy
(x) here’s a video of her from 2011, this makes me so unbelievably happy because I always feared the worst had happened to them
Wow, this is so great! Thank you all for this! I really worried about these kids, too.
"To me, celebrating Women’s History Month was more about honoring the woman that I am becoming and paying homage to the women of influenced. In order to do that, I had to dig into what embodied the women I have aspired to be and the reasoning behind that.
I wanted to highlight songs that took me through a specific journey of my womanhood, whilst challenging and bring awareness to a few ideas that women, including myself, are constantly faced with such as: compromise, sexism, sexuality, vulnerability power, perception and success.
Through this mix, the aforementioned concepts are intertwined through the lyrics and conversations of all of these trailblazing artists.” - Kitty Cash
Released exclusively via BuzzFeed
1. Lauryn Hill (feat. Maya Angelou) - That Phenomenal Thing (JT Remix) [Kitty Cash Edit]
2. Whitney Houston - It’s Not Right But It’s Okay (Tajan Remix)
3. Mariah Carey - We Belong Together (Delinq Remix)
4. Janet Jackson - Anytime, Any Place (Staro Mix)
5. Mya - My Love is Like Woah (Jaw Jam Bootleg)
6. Beyonce (feat. Jay Z) - Crazy in Love (Da-P Remix)
7.Jill Scott - Golden (Kaytranada’s Life Extended Edition)
8. Brandy - Full Moon
9. Mary J. Blige - I’m Going Down
10. Cassie (feat. Ertha Kitt) - Me & U (Village Bootleg) [Kitty Cash Edit]
11. Jarreau Vandal - Until The Dawn
12. Madonna - Human Nature
13. Toni Braxton - You’re Makin’ Me High
14. Patra - Worker Man
15. Aaliyah - Stroke It, Baby (Mr.Carmack Remix)
16. Erykah Badu - Honey (Hi-Tek Mash-Up)
17. M.I.A. - Bad Girls ( Art of Shades Remix)
18. Alicia Keys (feat. Minnie Ripperton) - Feeling U (Seventh Wonder Classic OG Mix) [Kitty Cash Edit]
Absolutely do not sleep on this woman. ( miamedicina )
1. There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs is not one of them.
2. Never cancel dinner plans by text message.
3. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it.
4. If a street performer makes you stop walking, you owe him a buck.
5. Always use ‘we’ when referring to your home team or your government.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Don’t underestimate free throws in a game of ‘horse’.
8. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
9. Don’t dumb it down.
10. You only get one chance to notice a new haircut.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack.
12. Never park in front of a bar.
13. Expect the seat in front of you to recline. Prepare accordingly.
14. Keep a picture of your first fish, first car, and first boy/girlfriend.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard.
16. A suntan is earned, not bought.
17. Never lie to your doctor.
18. All guns are loaded.
19. Don’t mention sunburns. Believe me, they know.
20. The best way to show thanks is to wear it. Even if it’s only once.
21. Take a vacation of your cell phone, internet, and TV once a year.
22. Don’t fill up on bread, no matter how good.
23. A handshake beats an autograph.
24. Don’t linger in the doorway. In or out.
25. If you choose to go in drag, don’t sell yourself short.
26. If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
27. Never get your hair cut the day of a special event.
28. Be mindful of what comes between you and the Earth. Always buy good shoes, tires, and sheets.
29. Never eat lunch at your desk if you can avoid it.
30. When you’re with new friends, don’t just talk about old friends.
31. Eat lunch with the new kids.
32. When traveling, keep your wits about you.
33. It’s never too late for an apology.
34. Don’t pose with booze.
35. If you have the right of way, take it.
36. You don’t get to choose your own nickname.
37. When you marry someone, remember you marry their entire family.
38. Never push someone off a dock.
39. Under no circumstances should you ask a woman if she’s pregnant.
40. It’s not enough to be proud of your ancestry; live up to it.
41. Don’t make a scene.
42. When giving a thank you speech, short and sweet is best.
43. Know when to ignore the camera.
44. Never gloat.
45. Invest in good luggage.
46. Make time for your mom on your birthday. It’s her special day, too.
47. When opening presents, no one likes a good guesser.
48. Sympathy is a crutch, never fake a limp.
49. Give credit. Take blame.
50. Suck it up every now and again.
51. Never be the last one in the pool.
52. Don’t stare.
53. Address everyone that carries a firearm professionally.
54. Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.
55. If you’ve made your point, stop talking.
56. Admit it when you’re wrong.
57. If you offer to help don’t quit until the job is done.
58. Look people in the eye when you thank them.
59. Thank the bus driver.
60. Never answer the phone at the dinner table.
61. Forgive yourself for your mistakes.
62. Know at least one good joke.
63. Don’t boo. Even the ref is somebody’s son.
64. Know how to cook one good meal.
65. Learn to drive a stick shift.
66. Be cool to younger kids. Reputations are built over a lifetime.
67. It’s okay to go to the movies by yourself.
68. Dance with your mother/father.
69. Don’t lose your cool. Especially at work.
70. Always thank the host.
71. If you don’t understand, ask before it’s too late.
72. Know the size of your boy/girlfriend’s clothes.
73. There is nothing wrong with a plain t-shirt.
74. Be a good listener. Don’t just wait for your turn to talk.
75. Keep your word.
76. In college, always sit in the front. You’ll stand out immediately.
77. Carry your mother’s bags. She carried you for nine months.
78. Be patient with airport security. They’re just doing their jobs.
79. Don’t be the talker in a movie.
80. The opposite sex likes people who shower.
81. You are what you do, not what you say.
82. Learn to change a tire.
83. Be kind. Everyone has a hard fight ahead of them.
84. An hour with grandparents is time well spent. Ask for advice when you need it.
85. Don’t litter.
86. If you have a sister, get to know her boyfriend. Your opinion is important.
87. You won’t always be the strongest or the fastest. But you can be the toughest.
88. Never call someone before 9am or after 9pm.
89. Buy the orange properties in Monopoly.
90. Make the little things count.
91. Always wear a bra at work.
92. There is a fine line between looking sultry and slutty. Find it.
93. You’re never too old to need your mom.
94. Ladies, if you make the decision to wear heels on the first date, commit to keeping them on and keeping your trap shut about how much your feet kill.
95. Know the words to your national anthem.
96. Your dance moves might not be the best, but I promise making a fool of yourself is more fun than sitting on the bench alone.
97. Smile at strangers.
98. Make goals.
99. Being old is not dictated by your bedtime.
100. If you have to fight, punch first and punch hard.
a high school teacher’s list of 100 wisest words (via live-la-bella-e-vita)